Scott Street
Hi how are you, I hope you're still healthy and have a good days. Have you ever felt lonely?, What do you do and feel when you are alone?. This time I'm going to talk about a song with a deep meaning, this song has been one of my favorites list from a few years ago, so I want you to know how beautiful the meaning of this song is. The song is titled "Scott Street", which is sung by Phoebe Bridgers and released in 2017 on the album ‘Stranger in the Alps'. Scott Street is one of a handful of songs Bridgers co-wrote with former flame (and current bandmate and drummer) Marshall Vore. Bridgers has said in the past that the song is partly about her relationship with Vore, though when speaking with Song Exploder in 2019, the pair said the song is primarily about another relationship that Vore was in. In the interview, he described a past relationship that was “manipulative” in nature. While the theme of failed relationships is a focal point of the track, the song also explores the strangeness of reconnecting with people from our past. The name of the real street is Scott Avenue and is located near Bedrock L.A. a practice studio for bands and musicians in Los Angeles and was often a place where Bridgers and Vore would spend time together while they were dating.
When you hear this song, you may be familiar with the beautiful
outro of this song, in the last few weeks this song has gone viral on social
media such as tiktok. Many people use this song as a sound to reminisce about
their past with loved ones, some are used to reminisce about some bad memories.
I'm glad that many people have come to know this song, but sometimes it's a
little sad that this song isn't as mysterious as it used to be. At first I
liked this song because of the beautiful outro tone, but after I found out the
lyrics of this song I was stunned. The lyrics of this song tell about someone
who is lonely and misses his old friends and memories in the past, he wonders about
how the situation of places and people in the past, whether they are happy or
otherwise. There is one lyric that tells how his sister has grown up and gone
to college, and she feels old because time flies so fast. He is also curious
about how his bandmates are doing, and it turns out that they are all married
and have their own lives with their families. And in the last lyrics of the
song there is the word "Anyway don't be a stranger", this means that
even though they have been separated or rarely communicate like before, he
hopes that they will still be friends who know each other and not become stranger.
Although the duration of this song is a little short, the lyrics and
instruments of this song are very beautiful and you can include it in this
week's song recommendations.
Albert Einstein said "Learn from the past, live for today, hope for tomorrow." We may not live in the past, but the past will live on within us. In the process of letting go, we may lost many things from the past, but we will find ourselves. Regarding the past, everyone must have a past, be it good or bad. The past is also the best teacher for yourself in the future. Without mistakes in the past, we cannot learn to avoid them in the future. we may want to go back in time and fix some bad memories, but that's not going to happen. It's natural that sometimes we are lonely and need our old friends to be there, but we also have to know that life goes on and they have their own lives. In the end, the best friend for us is only ourselves, ourselves who can strengthen us, I believe if we love ourselves then we are not lonely.
Walking Scott Street, feeling like a stranger.
With an open heart, open container
I've got a stack of mail and a tall can.
It's a shower beer, it's a payment plan
There's helicopters over my head.
Every night when I go to bed
Spending money and I earned it.
When I'm lonely, that's when I'll burn it
Do you feel ashamed.
When you hear my name?
I asked you: How is your sister?.
I heard she got her degree
And I said: That makes me feel old.
He said: What does that make me?
I asked you: How is playing drums?.
You said: It's too much shit to carry
And what about the band?.
You said: They're all getting married
Anyway,
don't leave a stranger
-Scott Street-
Here's the song, You can also listen to this song in other music platforms.

.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment