Creative Writing

 


Writing is something very important nowadays. Whether he is a writer or not, writing skills are a must have for everyone. Writing is an important aspect of practicing language skills. By practicing writing something, it will indirectly make our brains trained to think critically and compose sentences. Writing is also the process of pouring creativity or ideas into written language, which is usually called essay. Because, the author expresses the contents of his thoughts, ideas, opinions or desires through the writing. Writing is important because writing and producing an article can be proof of one's expertise. A person's writings (especially those published in the form of books, print media, online, and so on) are in-depth and comprehensive lines of thought on a problem that thought or researched. Besides that, writing is also important because it can be a means to develop yourself.

Every human being is born with their own strengths and weaknesses. But unfortunately not many people are aware of the advantages they have, so that potential cannot be optimized as well as possible. One of the intelligences possessed by humans is Verbal Linguistic intelligence. This intelligence is characterized by the child's ability to use good language in speaking and writing. Someone who has this type of intelligence is very easy to convey the ideas that exist in him through words or writing. Another type of intelligence can be read in the post. By writing, people who have linguistic verbal intelligence can develop themselves well. If we don't have the confidence to speak in public, we can write down what's on our minds and read it without feeling nervous or afraid of being wrong.

One way to improve English skills is by writing. Currently writing does not only use paper and pencil, but can also be done through online platforms, one of which is a blog. In today's all-digital era, everyone can work freely and also participate in welcoming technological advances. In addition, the freedom of expression that can be poured through a blog or wordpress can also generate quite lucrative coffers of money if managed properly. One platform that can be used to create a blog is blogspot. Blogspot itself if managed properly will also bring benefits. Regardless of those who are experienced or beginners, blogspot both generate rupiah coffers. Moreover, how to create a blogspot is quite easy so it doesn't rule out anyone who wants to try having a personal blog. The first way to create an interesting, free, and productive personal blog is to use blogger.com or blogspot.com. How to make this blogspot is classified as the easiest to do. This is because blogspot itself is a friendly blogging platform for beginners. Besides that, blogspot is also a platform made by Google, so the features offered are quite a lot.

In semester 5 there is a creative writing course. The teaching method used by the lecturer is by giving assignments to write on blogs with any theme and are free which are collected every week. In my opinion, having this creative writing class really helps me to improve my English skills. I am very lucky because this semester there is a course on creative writing. I think by giving blog writing assignments every week, this really helps us students to practice our writing. So far, sometimes I lack the confidence to publish my writings online via blogs. But because of assignments like this, it makes me more enthusiastic and confident to write blogs in English. The lecturer also freed us to write and do it by uploading it on the blog. The lecturer also freed us to choose the theme and type of writing that we would publish. But as long as the writing is in accordance with the correct writing rules and does not contain elements of racism or is offensive. This makes us more confident in the results of our own writing. With writing habits like this can train our ability to think critically about something. I become more critical in responding to or reading certain news. The platform used is also very easy and not complicated. We just need to write whatever we like and then upload it to our respective blog accounts. I am very grateful because the lecturer gave us the task of writing blogs like this easily.

What I can feel during one semester of writing this blog is that I have become more critical of writing. Previously, if I saw writing or news, I was sometimes not interested and lazy to read it, but now I always read and study every clickbait news on the internet. Writing blogs like this also makes me improve my English skills. Although sometimes my writing still has a lot of grammar and capitalization errors, but now I have managed to minimize these mistakes. Now, I'm no longer lazy or have difficulty reading English reading. My vocabulary knowledge in English has also increased. I am very grateful that the lecturer gave us the task to write like this. I hope that in the future we can become the best bloggers who produce good and quality writing. Maybe I personally will not stop writing, because by writing this I slowly learn many things about language and writing.




Ardelia Amy Mastura



Comments